- Look after yourself.
- Even though you may not feel like eating at times, eat good nutritious food that will sustain you.
- Your body is under a lot of stress. Make sure you take time to relax.
- Take care of your health.
- Do something physically active every day, even if itʼs just taking a short walk.
- Recognize that each day will be different and so will your moods.
- Start writing a journal of your feelings and emotions. Writing is one of the most common therapeutic tools used because it helps to get rid of unwanted feelings.
- Donʼt try to get through this time alone. Surround yourself with positive people and seek the support of a counsellor or join a support group if required.
If you are struggling to deal with a loss, you are not alone and there is help available. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please contact Denise for more information on how she could be of help.